|Java Edition version history|
|◄ Beta 1.6 • Beta 1.7 • Beta 1.8 ►|
- Can push blocks when powered by redstone.
- Can push and pull blocks when powered by redstone.
- New tool.
- Used to pick up leaves.
- Used to obtain wool from a sheep without harming it.
- Yields more wool than killing sheep.
- No longer drop wool from punching them, they must be either sheared or killed.
- Skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Can now place any block on the top.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block's texture.
- Now required to trigger TNT.
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value ("F") from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- Texture packs
2 bugs fixed
- Fixed clay generation.
- Squids can now despawn.
Released on June 30, 2011, Beta 1.7_01 fixed two bugs:
- Fixed piston bug
- Fixed right-clicking on a sheep empty-handed causing the game to crash.
Released on July 1, 2011, Beta 1.7.2 fixed crashed worlds, disappearing pistons, and pistons causing multiplayer servers to crash.
Released on July 8, 2011, Beta 1.7.3 fixed 10 bugs.