|This article contains content about features that are not yet released.|
Cake is a food produced through crafting, which can be placed on a solid surface, giving the ability for any player to consume. Once it's placed, it can't be recollected with the use of a Silk Touch pickaxe nor with shears.
Cake stands 1⁄4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It restores2 () per use and has a total of seven uses. Cake doesn't drop when broken. Cake can't be eaten like other foods such as cookies and enchanted apples; instead, it can only be eaten by clicking on it whilst it's placed. When an output is taken with a redstone comparator, it will emit a signal strength of 2 for every slice remaining, up to a strength of 14. Cake can fill up 1 level of a composter, and it can be eaten by pandas when dropped.
Cake is made with an egg, three buckets of milk, two sugar, and three wheat. If a player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award one with the achievement "The Lie" (it's usually required to earn the achievement "Time to Farm" first), which is a reference to the game, Portal.
- Cake makes the same sound as wool being placed or broken.
- Cake is the only food that has to be placed for players to eat it.
- A player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 hunger bar.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- In early versions, when a player crafted a cake, the three buckets were also used up, which made it very expensive to make.
- Farmer villagers will sell a cake for an emerald at their Master level.
- It is unknown where the cherry-like topping of a cake came from while crafting it, as there are no ingredients that have similarity to the toppings.
- The new texture of the cake has a swirl and an extra topping on top.
- Before 1.8 - The Bountiful Update, cake only had six slices.
- When cake is pushed with a piston, it will completely disappear.
- When used with a redstone comparator, a cake will produce a redstone signal strength of 14, decreasing by 2 per slice eaten.
- In the early versions of Minecraft, the inventory would have two cakes in it. One was 3D and the other was 2D.
- Cake restores the most hunger out of all food in Minecraft.
- Candles can be put on cakes to create "birthday cakes".
- Cakes are the only Renewable items that once placed, cannot be obtained back even with Silk Touch.
- On May 17, 2019 for Minecraft's ten year anniversary, the cake model was changed to display a "10" above it, made of white concrete.