Endermites are similar to silverfish, except they are smaller, more cube-like, and purple. An Endermite will occasionally spawn when a player throws an Ender pearl (1/20 chance). It will repeatedly attack the player, dealing (1 heart) of damage per hit. If it is killed by a player or a tamed wolf, it will drop 3 experience. An Endermite will despawn within two minutes, unless if it is named with a name tag. It also has a chance to spawn when a Enderman teleports.
Endermites currently experience multiple bugs, and have a tendency to stay in one place and become glitched, as opposed to moving like other mobs (Though most were fixed in 1.14 snapshots).
If an Endermite spawns from an ender pearl, any nearby Endermen will try to kill it (However, it will be the opposite in Bedrock Edition, the Endermite will attack first). If an Endermite stands on soul sand, it will slowly take suffocation damage and die, just like Silverfish .
- When spawned in Creative, due to a bug, an Endermite will not move. Instead, it will just shake its body.
- Dinnerbone has stated he has an "Ultimate Plan" with endermites, which might include the Dragon egg. However, he also mentioned that he has not discussed this idea with the rest of the Mojang team yet.
- Before 14w27a, Endermen could spawn Endermites by teleporting: each teleport had a 15% chance to spawn one, but each successful Endermite spawned would reduce the chance by 1% (i.e. fifteen Endermite spawns would prevent that Enderman from spawning another Endermite).
- Although Endermite were previously similar in shape, size, and general appearance to silverfish, the texture and model were changed in a snapshot in order to make them more unique.
- Endermen are hostile towards Endermites and will attack them.
- Unlike Endermen , Endermites do not teleport, nor do they take damage from water.
- As of snapshot 14w28a, Endermites no longer spawn from Endermen.
- Prior to snapshot 14w28a, Endermites could be used by players to create an experience farm utilizing Endermen.
- They are possibly a reference to Star Gate´s interdimensional parasites.
- https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/444176255521681408 Dinnerbone on Twitter