|Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
A Fire Charge is an item that was introduced in Minecraft 1.2.1. When right-clicked, the block selected will burn, even if it's not flammable, it is like flint and steel in a way. Fire charges may also be shot from a Dispenser, in which case it acts like a Blaze or Ghast fireball, flying in a straight line with random aim and placing fire to any block or entity it hits.
Fire charges, compared with Flint and Steel, are renewable, but they require the player to gather its most important ingredient, blaze powder, which can only be obtained by killing Blazes. Gunpowder is also needed to make this item. Coal or Charcoal is also required to craft a fire charge. Fire charges can also activate TNT, whether fired from a dispenser or by hand.
| Fire Charge|
- Ghasts shoot the fire charge's sprite, but the item itself doesn't have the explosive effect. However, it will still light the target on fire and deal damage.
- Like flint and steel, right-clicking on a Nether Portal with a fire charge will activate the portal.
- A Fire Charge inserted into a Dispenser will launch the fire charge forward. If the Fire Charge never ends up hitting anything, it will go flying forever.
- Fire Charges are used to make Firework stars, which have a recolored sprite.
- Before Fireballs were added, ghasts would shoot their fireballs with a snowball texture.