|Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
A Dirt Path is a block that was added in Java Edition 1.9 and Pocket Edition alpha 0.11.0, which generates as roads in villages instead of gravel. For a player to make this, they have to right-click with any type of shovel on a dirt, grass, mycelium or podzol block, turning it a tannish colour and one 16x16x1 layer lower.
If a player destroys it with any tool, it will drop as a dirt block. However, in Bedrock Edition, using the Silk Touch enchantment, it will drop as is (Dirt Path).
In the Java and Legacy Console Edition and Bedrock edition, Dirt Path Blocks can be found in the player's inventory in Creative Mode.
It can be used as a road, as seen in villages. They also prevent hostile mobs from spawning. The only difference is that it is 15⁄16th of a block high.
- If a player puts a block on a Dirt path block, the Dirt path block will turn into dirt.
- The Dirt path block looks a little like a lighter color of podzol.
- Torches, ladders, and lanterns cannot be placed on Dirt Path blocks.
- If rabbits were to be on the Dirt path, they would jump higher than normal.
- Because this is not a full block, Having ice under it will make the Dirt Path block behave like it is ice.
- This used to only be obtainable in creative mode using Pick Block or /give. It was later added to the creative mode inventory.
- Before 20w46a, this was called Grass Path.