|Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
The husk is a variation of the common zombie, similar to how the stray is a variation of a skeleton. Husks are similar to zombies in most ways, except for two major differences: husks can survive in sunlight and when the husk punches a player, it will give them a temporary hunger effect that lasts about thirty seconds. If the husk is holding any item, including weapons, the hunger effect will not be applied. The husk is slightly taller than the zombie, which means they cannot get through some gaps.
Husks are well-adapted to live and survive in deserts. They have dark brown skin compared to a normal zombie, which may indicate why they are more capable of coping with the harsh sunlight of deserts. This is especially evident with their capability to not burn in sunlight; something that regular zombies do not possess. Additionally, they have light-brown colored garments, which help them better camouflage among the cream-colored sands of the desert.
If a husk happens to enter a body of water and remains for 30 seconds, it will transform into a regular zombie. If it continues to remain in the water for another 30 seconds, it will change into a drowned.
The husk will spawn instead of a zombie (most of the time) in desert biomes. Any zombie spawned under the sky in the desert at night has an 80% chance of being spawned as a husk.
Husks also have a chance to spawn from a regular zombie spawn egg.
- Despite husks being slightly taller than a regular zombie in visual perspective, they have the same size hitbox.
- This mob is one of three biome-specific mobs added in update 1.10 (stray and polar bear, being the other two).
- In the Minecraft PS4 edition, baby husks can spawn riding spiders and adult husks.
- Husk are usually used as test mods for mods with more powerful items and weapons
- If a husk drowns, it will convert into a normal zombie. If the zombie drowns, then it will turn into a drowned.
- Baby Husks can ride on an adult Husk's back.
- Just like the other undead mobs, husks can crush turtle eggs.