You NEED Rollback rights on this wiki before you can apply to be an administrator.
We won't be accepting bureaucrat requests at this time, as we have three bureaucrats.
In exceptional circumstances a 100% vote will be needed from all active bureaucrats.
For examples of previous requests, see these archives:
Users can request admin rights for themselves, or nominate other users (though the candidate must accept the nomination). One or more administrators will decide whether or not the candidate is ideal. If a vote passes, a bureaucrat will adjust the user rights accordingly. Input from any member of the Minecraft Wiki community is welcome, as information from these discussions can help to make a better-informed decision.
Bureaucrat rights can be requested by users who are already administrators. However, these requests are only accepted by other bureaucrats, since only they have enough experience in what is required of the role.
Sysop rights may be applied at any time, while bureaucrats are only created if another one is good to have or needed. Keep in mind that bureaucrat tools are no different from sysop tools, other than more access to user rights management, which is not used very often.
Revoking Administrator Rights
Users may also request an administrator's rights be revoked (and rights may be removed by a bureaucrat immediately), if a current administrator...
- abuses his/her powers
- has been inactive for a long period of time (several weeks or months)
- has not shown any use for the tools
- has shown behavior unacceptable for an administrator.
Rules and Regulations
As Minecraft Wiki gets more traffic, and thus more editing activity, more administrators come in handy to keep maintenance during all hours. You may request administrator permissions below, but it is important to keep in mind a few things:
For sysop requests:
- You must be experienced with this particular wiki, and preferably other wikis.
- You must already have Rollback rights on this wiki, and have a reasonable amount of experience as a rollback.
- You must be fluent in our editing policies, Manual of Style, and other guidelines which make the wiki run smoothly.
- Your contributions must be of good quality (quality over quantity).
- You must provide reasoning why you would be a good administrator, and why you require the enhanced tools.
For bureaucrat requests:
- You must have experience as a sysop administrator on this wiki already.
- You must have a considerable (and positive) contribution history on this wiki, and be a trusted member of the community. Bureaucrat tools can damage an entire wiki, when in the wrong hands.
Please place the requests under this line: