Sea turtles can be bred with seagrass. After two sea turtles are fed seagrass, one of them will burrow into nearby sand and lay 1-4 eggs. After a few minutes, the eggs will emit a cracking sound and hatch into baby sea turtles. If a player breaks a turtle egg before it hatches, no sea turtle will emerge. Mobs such as the zombie, drowned, zombie villager, zombie pigman, stray, fox, untamed cats, husk, skeleton, wolves or ocelot will try to kill baby sea turtles and destroy turtle eggs, so players may have to guard them, to ensure they will hatch.
- After a sea turtle lays its eggs, players will be able breed the sea turtle again.
- Unlike other animals, turtles have a very different breeding cooldown.
- Sea turtles, unlike other passive mobs (except fish), are water friendly.
- Baby sea turtles are now the smallest mob in the game, being a little less than half the size of an endermite.
- These mobs are currently the only mobs that can "breed a block" in Minecraft.
- It is possible for an adult sea turtle to swim into a boat and become stuck. This does not affect a player's ability to use the boat, and the sea turtle will "ride along" when the boat it is used.
- Sea Turtles are one of the only reptiles in Minecraft and one of the non-mammals, like Spiders, Bees, Silverfish, Guardians and their Elder Guardian Relatives, Cod, Salmon, Tropical Fish, Pufferfish, and Squid.