|Wait! I'm still growing!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
Wither skeleton jockeys will attack the Player as soon as they see them. If the wither skeleton touches players with its Stone Sword, a player will be instantly affected with the Wither status effect. Once the wither skeleton is killed, the spider will start attacking a player. Likewise, if a spider is killed, the wither skeleton will start attacking the player on its own. Note that the spider's speed merges with the wither skeleton's rage speed (a plus speed when detecting the player) making this jockey very fast and deadly.
The best strategy to kill a wither skeleton jockey is to use a Bow since one should keep their distance in order to avoid getting the wither effect. However, an iron or diamond sword can easily kill a wither skeleton jockey if melee is unavoidable. It is recommended to wear Armor when fighting these and to bring a bucket of milk to remove the Wither effect. Golden Apples are also advisable to bring. A Shield can be used to block/mitigate the damage sustained from both mobs.
When the wither skeleton dies, it may drop:
The spider, once killed, may drop:
- Wither skeletons can be spawned riding a Cave Spider, but this only happens in Pocket Edition.
- Wither skeleton jockeys are not able to be spawned in the Overworld, but spider jockeys have a small chance to spawn in the nether since 20% of wither skeletons spawned become regular skeletons.
- Wither skeleton jockeys were added to Pocket Edition in Update 0.15.0 when the wither skeleton was added.
- Spiders, by themselves, cannot spawn naturally in the Nether.
- A wither skeleton riding a cave spider can be too much for a player without good equipment and lots of milk, as well as getting the wither, the player will also get poison.