|This article is/was featured on the Main Page of Minecraft Wiki!|
Woodland mansions generate exceptionally rarely (Twice as rare as mushroom islands). They consist of several dimly-lit rooms which may contain loot chests that hold several useful materials (even diamond armor occasionally). There are many different types of interesting rooms to explore, including flower rooms, bedrooms, storage rooms, secret rooms, and rooms with statues of evokers holding torches, chickens, and/or cats. However, they are home to some very dangerous mobs, including the villainous vindicator, the evil evoker, and the ethereal vex.
Woodland mansions generate in roofed forest biomes and as such, can be difficult to find due to the extremely thick canopy. A good way to find a woodland mansion is to get a woodland exploration map from a cartographer villager through trading. The map will show a player a woodland mansion location. However, it will not always show the closest one to a player. Then the player should select the woodland mansion option with your tab button. It shows the coordinates of the mansion.
- More Illager mobs might be added in the near future and may spawn in other rooms in this structure.
- It is possible to also find what appears to be an Illager's head and arms made out of various dyed wool blocks inside of the mansion, which contains a lapis lazuli block concealed inside.
- A woodland mansion's Overworld coordinates are often equivalent to the Nether fortress's coordinates.
- However, this is only a one-way correlation, since not every fortress will link to a mansion and vice-versa.
- The most optimal place to light a portal is the second floor's roof.
- Some of the stranger and more sinister rooms include a spiral room leading to a loot chest, jails, altar-style constructs, a room with a diamond block encased in lava, a fake end portal room and a map room.
- There are 52 rooms that could generate in a woodland mansion.
- Not all types of rooms will generate in a single woodland mansion.
- Not all woodland mansion rooms will generate visibly. Some are hidden behind walls and the player will have to break the walls to get access to them. One such example is the Tree-chopping room, which is hidden behind a wall of dark oak planks and contains a tree as well as a loot chest, that holds an iron axe with Efficiency I.
- Woodland mansions are the only place other than a raid, where a player can obtain the legendary Totem of Undying, as Evokers only appear naturally in these two situations.